Monday, August 9, 2010

The Overall Picture plus Likes vs Dislikes

Overall, what I have learned throughout this class is a few things. One, I realized blogging is kind of like a journal-it does not really matter if it has a thesis, or completely flows together. What matters most in a blog is that it makes sense and is cohesive enough for someone else to read it and that they get the message across from what the author of that blog was trying to show and reflect on.
I also learned which is one of my favorite things from this class, how to be able to analyze messages each different individual or groups are stating or representing. Before I took this class, I did not realize how important or the relevance it was when an organization such as the NRA or the ASPCA used "appeal to emotion, pity,"etc to hook the audience in and get them to buy their product.
I really liked how each of our blog posts had to be 12 hours apart because it gave us time to think what we were going to say. I thought the requirement of commenting on 3 of our classmates blogs each week was a great idea as well because it gave us a chance to see what another individual thought of that topic and that definitely helped when someone explained something, that I had not thought of.
There were no dislikes for this course because I really enjoyed this course and every individual in it and our instructor as well. Anyone who has not taken this GE area yet, I will be sure to tell them or suggest this course.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you that blogging is kind of like a journal and it doesn't matter if it has a thesis or not. Before I even took this class, I thought blogging was annoying but I finally realize that as long as I can get my message across through a blog, then it's basically the same thing as communicating in person. I also really liked how we had to post a blog 12 hours apart just like you mentioned! I think it's a great way to space things out so that way, we always make sure we have enough time for everything instead of cramming things together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I liked about this class was that it was very fast. Everyday I had to make sure I would get the 12 hours apart thing done. I would always had to make sure that everything was done before I went out to have fun for summer.

    I disliked how I was in Japan and I had to make sure everything was done ahead of time Lol. I guess it helped me but it was kind of a drag on how I had to be done earlier than everyone else.

    All in all, it was a great experience and I would not mind doing it again if I ever had the chance to help me gain my GEs.

    ReplyDelete