Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One Concept

This may sound cheesy or irrelevant but I felt the one concept that even the text did not mention specifically that much on was advertisements on the internet or even in magazines and how the techniques they use can really be deceiving. This pertains to that ad blog we did earlier in this class. I really enjoyed that assignment because it was an eye opener however I felt the text briefly discussed it because maybe the author felt it was a common knowledge topic and most of our critical thinking skills(all the terms and topics we learned) can be applied to advertisements and all the media out there. I just wished the text had more information specifically how the media reflects on individuals when they advertise something and use celebrities to endorse that product. Just because that "famous" person is advertising a shoe or acne wash and on tv say its a great product does not mean in reality they use that product and want everyone else to. They are being paid for that commercial and they are just given a script and to look pretty.

Overall, I felt all the topics covered throughout this class were all discussed in detail, some more than others but it is like that in pretty much every class taught out there.

Thank you all for making my first blogging experience a smooth and good one.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!

-little miss daisy

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the point you mention is very important. I tend to be very skeptical of advertisements, but still sometimes get drawn in by a good image or a good slogan.

    It's especially hard to evaluate when all you have is the information presented by the product's maker. If you depend on that, all products are wonderous. So, how to choose one over the other? Do I want soft flowing locks or shiny hair? I want them BOTH! So should I buy both shampoos and mix them?

    ReplyDelete